There are times when it's tough to remember the password of the very application you wish to login to, and we now have dozens of apps on our phones. Since writing down your passwords in your notes is often insecure, we have a great solution to this - Magic Link.
Magic link sign-in is a simple 2-step method to sign-in to the Statusbrew mobile app. It is an easy, fast and secure way for users to sign-in without the need to remembering their passwords.
- Each magic link is unique and can be used only once till it expires
- Each link is valid for up to 24 hours. After it expires unused, you need to request a new link to sign-in
Here’s how it works:
Step 1: Request Magic Link
- On opening the Statusbrew app on mobile, on the login screen, you are asked to enter the email address that is already registered with your account. Enter the email address and press the right arrow next to it
- On the next screen, click on Send Magic Link
- Your Magic link has now been sent to the registered email address you entered. For the next step, you’ll need to go to your mailbox
Step 2: Authenticate
- Open the mail you received from email@example.com with the subject as ‘Magic Link To Sign-in to Statusbrew Account’. Click on the ‘Sign in to Statusbrew’ button in the mail or alternatively, you can copy/paste the link into your mobile browser which given the button
- You will then be directed to an authentication page on the mobile web browser where our system runs security protocols and checks to verify that the email used to sign in is valid and so is the link used to sign
- Once authenticated, you’ll be prompted to Launch Statusbrew application, which would take you directly to your dashboard
Note: Magic link is unique. It can be used only once till it expires. Each link is valid for up to 24 hours. After it expires unused, you need to request a new link to sign-in.
The entire process is completed within a matter of seconds, faster than what it will take to recall and type in that password. The system is available for both the iOS and Android users.